About the RBFD
The Red Bank Fire Department, founded in 1872, has a long and proud history of fire fighting service.
In 2007, it celebrated its 135th anniversary. The RBFD History page describes our past and present operations within the Borough of Red Bank. This is an organization comprised entirely of volunteers dedicated to protect property and life against fire hazards. The RBFD is also responsible for first aid medical assistance and rescue operations in the community.
The RBFD is organized into the "Office Of The Chief," six fire fighting companies, a Fire Police Company and the First Aid and Rescue Squad. Further support is provided to the Department by its Scuba Diving Team, the Department's Fire Cadets and the Ladies Auxiliary.
Administrative authority resides with the Fire Department Executive Council.
By RBFD Executive Council Directive - October 27, 1998 Executive & Supporting Units
- Fire Chief And Executive Council
- Fire Police Company
- First Aid and Rescue Squad
- Scuba Rescue Team
- Fire Cadet Program
- Ladies Auxiliary
Joining the Department
Do you want to join the Red Bank Fire Department?
- Active Members: Residents of the Borough of Red Bank, age 18 or older, may become active members of our Fire Companies.
- Active Associate Members: Residents of Monmouth County residing within five miles of the Borough of Red Bank, of age 18 or older, may become active associate members of our Fire Companies.
- Fire Cadets: Residents of the Borough of Red Bank or residents of Monmouth County residing within five miles of the Borough of Red Bank, between ages of 14 and 17, may join the Fire Cadet program.
- Then and Now Photo Gallery
- Application to join RBVFD (PDF)
- First Aid Squad Question and Answer (PDF)
- Volunteer Fire Department - Buy A Brick Program Form (PDF)