- Boards & Commissions
- Shade Tree Committee
Shade Tree Committee
Tree City USA Directory
The Borough of Red Bank is a proud member of the Tree City USA Community and has been for over 10 years.
Be on the Lookout for fhe Spotted Lanternfly
The Spotted Lanternfly is an invasive species of insect that can damage trees and crops. Use the links below to learn more or to report a sighting
- 7 PM
- The 3rd Tuesday of the month
- Council Chambers
|Name||Title||Term Ends||Term Length|
|Remedios Quiroz||Member||December 31, 2024||3-year term|
|Joanna Rovito||Member||December 31, 2024||3-year term|
|Boris Kofman||Member||December 31, 2023||3-year term|
|Bill Brooks||Member||December 31, 2025||3-year term|
|Debbie Marks||Member||December 31, 2023||3-year term|
|Brigid McCarthy||Alternate 1||December 31, 2023||2-year term|
|Samantha Flores-Castillo||Alternate 2||December 31, 2024||2-year term|
|Angela Mirandi||Council Rep||December 31, 2023||1-year term|
Powers & Duties
- To foster and promote arboriculture and the preservation and planting of shade trees within the Borough.
- To identify and recommend to the Governing Body locations on Borough of Red Bank public land where trees should be planted and tree maintenance would be beneficial. This includes areas where new trees can be planted and existing trees can be pruned or removed if they are dying or present a hazard. The Committee shall recommend a priority of locations where trees should be planted on Borough property.
- To assist the Governing Body in obtaining grants or other resources for shade tree purposes.
- To make recommendations to the Code Enforcement Officer, or other responsible enforcement officer, to cite a property owner for the remediation or removal of any trees on private property that are deemed to endanger the public safety, health or welfare.
- To review applications pending before the Planning Board or Board of Adjustment and make comments and recommendations to the Boards concerning such applications.
Shade Tree Trust Fund
A Shade Tree Trust Fund has been set up to plant new trees in the borough. Donations are welcome and can be made by check, payable to "Borough of Red Bank" and noting "Shade Tree Trust" in the memo section. Send it to:
Borough of Red Bank
90 Monmouth St.
Red Bank, NJ 07701
Our annual accomplishment reports are available for your review.