The Borough of Red Bank reminds residents that leaves may be placed at the curb for collection, either loose or in biodegradable bags beginning Thursday, November 5th for properties west of Broad Street and Thursday, November 12th for properties east of Broad Street. In accordance with Borough ordinances, leaves are not permitted to placed at the curb more than seven days prior to the scheduled pickup date.
- West of Broad Street collection is on the second Thursday of the month.
- For November 12th pickup, leaves may not be placed curbside before November 5th.
- For December 10th pickup, leaves may not be placed curbside before December 3th.
- East of Broad Street collection is on the third Thursday of the month.
- For November 19th pickup, leaves may not be placed curbside before November 12th.
- For December 17th pickup, leaves may not be placed curbside before December 10th.
Per Ordinance 434-8, placing yard waste that is not containerized at the curb or along the street is only allowed during the seven days prior to a scheduled and announced collection, and shall not be placed closer than 10 feet from any storm drain inlet. Residents are reminded not to block catch basins in order to minimize flooding. Only leaves will be collected – piles with debris other than leaves cannot be collected because of restrictions placed on the Borough. Schedules & restrictions will be strictly enforced and summons will be issued for piles placed at the curb in violation of the ordinances. The Borough Code Enforcement Office will be canvassing the town to ensure compliance with Borough Ordinance for the safety and cleanliness of the roads and waterways.
This information and more is available in the annual Borough of Red Bank Department of Public Utilities bulletin. The bulletin is available for download in PDF format in both English and Spanish on the Department of Public Utilities page at https://www.redbanknj.org/208/Public-Utilities. Copies may also be picked up at the DPU offices (75 Chestnut Street) during regular business hours.