Sanitation & Recycling
Household Sanitation Curbside Collection
• West of Broad Street: TUESDAY & FRIDAY
• East of Broad Street: MONDAY & THURSDAY
Note: Trash and recycling will be collected by private vendor as of 9/1/15. There will be no change to services provided.
Seasonal Pick Up
- Brush Curbside Collection: Curbside collection is in effect from April thru October. Please call Public Works Department at (732) 530-2770 to confirm your scheduled date.
- Leaf Collection: Begins the 4th Monday of October and ends the 4th Friday in December.
- Christmas Trees: Begins the first week of January until the second week of February.
- Remove all decoration, ornaments, tinsel and stands from trees before placing them curb side
- Please note that artificial trees should not be placed curb side for pickup
Bulk Pick Up
Household furniture and bulky waste for residential premises shall be placed at curbside adjacent to the residential premises on pick-up dates designated by the Department of Public Utilities.
Furniture and Bulky waste collection shall only be provided on the second collection day of the collection week for the residence. No furniture or bulky waste shall be accepted from nonresidential properties, including mixed use properties.
For each household furniture or bulky waste collection date, no residence shall place more than two (2) pieces of furniture/bulky waste at curbside for collection. In no case shall any single item of furniture or bulky waste exceed one hundred twenty (120) pounds in weight, nor shall the total aggregate weight exceed two hundred forty (240) pounds.
Any residential premises having more than one (1) dwelling unit shall be limited to placing no more than four (4) items of furniture/bulky waste at curbside collection per pick-up day in the manner described herein.
All mattresses and box springs for bulk collection must be wrapped in plastic or placed in disposable plastic bags. Plastic wrapping or plastic bags must be sufficient to cover all exposed areas of the mattress and box spring. If this requirement is not complied with, these items will not be picked up and shall be removed from the curbside until the items comply with this ordinance.
No such items to be collected shall be placed on the curb before 6:00 p.m. of any day prior to the collection day.
Prohibited Items: Construction material, ash, dirt etc. automotive parts, dead animals, surgical dressings, motor oil, hazardous waste, tires, paint, propane tanks concrete or posts with concrete, i.e. swing sets, etc. They may be taken to the Monmouth County Reclamation Center located in Tinton Falls, N.J. (732)918-0142.
Electronic Waste will no longer be picked up as bulk trash.
DPU has a dedicated container at the Borough Recycling Center. E-waste items include, but are not limited to:
- Copiers, Printer, Scanners, Fax Machines
- VCR/DVD players
- Window A/C Units
- Wires & cables